Contact the DVLA Drivers’ Medical Enquiries team by calling 08700420462 at 13p/min plus access charge, or use their their own phone number 0300 790 6801.

DVLA Vehicle Tax Telephone Number / Customer Services Number 8700420462

This website is a telephone directory/call routing service and is not in any way affiliated with any of the business entities listed.
Please note that calls to our 08700 numbers cost 13p/minute and our 08717 numbers cost 13p/minute, plus your phone company’s access charge where applicable.Our site also provides alternative numbers that include the official numbers as found in their respective websites and other sources.
All logos and names are trademarks of respective entities and used for reference only(we are an independent site and are in no way affiliated with any business or government entity listed), all images of third party trademarks are sourced from public domain websites such as Wikipedia etc. Our site is a Phone Number directory and offers different contact options that include our own routing numbers as well as the ones offered by entities themselves at respective rates. By use of our site and numbers you agree with our terms and conditions.


The DVLA (Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency) is the sole organisation of the UK government responsible for maintaining a database of drivers and vehicles in the UK(Great Britain). The DVLA offers a range of services through several channels: phone, mail, online.

holds over 47 million driver records and over 39 million vehicle records. They collect around £5.6 billion a year in Vehicle Excise Duty (VED).

DVLA is an executive agency, sponsored by the Department for Transport


You can find the DVLA on their official Youtube Social Profile / Channel:



Address  DVLA,
SA99 1AR,
United Kingdom
 Official Website  http://www.gov.uk/dvla
 Vehicle tax Phone Number 0300 790 6802
 Driver licensing enquiries 0300 790 6801
 Drivers’ medical enquiries 0300 790 6806

Alternative Direct DVLA(Official) Phone Numbers-DVLA Phone Numbers:

(From Abroad/Overseas)
DVLA contact number 0843 116 0011 +44 844 306 9203
Vehicle registration 0300 790 6802 +44 300 790 6802
Vehicle tax 0300 790 6802 +44 300 790 6802
Driver licensing enquiries 0300 790 6801 +44 300 790 6801
Drivers’ medical enquiries 0300 790 6806 +44 300 790 6806
Driver Check Service contact 09061 393 837 +44 9061 393 837
Ymholiadau Cymraeg 0300 790 6819 +44 300 790 6819
Vehicle registration and tax with translation 0906 737 0013 +44 906 737 0013
Theory test enquiry 0300 200 1188 +44 300 200 1188
Booking a theory test 0300 200 1122 +44 300 200 1122
DVSA driving test enquiries and booking 0300 200 1122 +44 300 200 1122
MOT, vehicle testing and approval 0300 123 9000 +44 300 123 9000
Driver CPC 0300 200 1122 +44 300 200 1122


For applying the minimum age is normally 16 for bikes and 17 for automobiles. It’s possible for you to apply before beginning to operate a vehicle. Applications for provisional licences may be carried out online yet; you need to fulfill with the following eligibility conditions:
-Eyesight demands and minimal age needs to be satisfied
-You should not be barred from driving
-Must pay the apprpriate fees using alternative Credit or Visa, Master Card or Debit Card
-Have a UK passport or alternative evidence of identity
-Address of home for the last 3 years to be supplied
Your private information may be reviewed by the DVLA such as the National Insurance Number pinned down. You’ll be instructed about what needs to be performed after completing the application form in case your identity can’t be checked entirely.

You’ll get the licence in two parts – the photocard including classification information on vehicles it is possible to drive as well as the paper instruction manual that covers penalty points and authorisations, disqualification periods and prerogative history. Your photocard licence should be renewed by you one or more times every 10 years.

Paper licences remain valid until details or damaged need changing. These were issued prior to the debut of photocard licences.
Address changes in your driving licence is easily made online. Needless to say, you must fulfil these conditions:
Should live in the UK
Address of preceding home that was three years needed
Have a UK passport or alternative evidence of identity
You should not be barred from driving
National Insurance number, if needed
One more way to make an application for an address change in your driving licence is by post. For photocard licences, signed the shifts section on the paper record must be filled in and sent to DVLA.

For D2 application forms, finished D1 or paper driving licences, first identity certificates, driving licence as well as a passport size photograph ought to be sent to DVLA. To switch the names shown in your permit applications has to be created by post.
Names are easily switched by following the simple processes down the page on driving licence.

Finished D1 or D2 forms (whichever is appropriate) along with initial identity documents to ensure your name, your driving licence as well as a passport photo needs to be sent to the DVLA. For old licences that are stolen, lost or wrecked, the statement must be manufactured on the form.

The newest licence using the alterations is likely to be sent within 3 weeks.
Q. How to renew my driving licence?
Driving licences should be renewed at least once. You need to possess a UK passport that will be issued within previous 5 years and valid. In addition, you should:
Supply your residential address for the last three years
You may get your driving licence that is renewed within fourteen days.

Q. Is it possible to add higher classifications to my licence?
Yes. To start with, you will require to submit an application to get a provisional entitlement’ that is ‘. It is possible to schedule the evaluation needed to add higher classifications to your own driving licence after this continues to be received. Passing higher class tests may also entitle one to lesser classes mechanically.
It’s possible for you to apply on the internet for replacing your driving licence that is lost, stolen or damaged. Identity evidence, your licence number, address details will probably be deemed necessary. A fee of the apprpriate fees is, in addition, payable. A valid passport from UK issued in previous five years is crucial in the event the picture should really be revived.

Q. What can I do to alter my picture on the driving licence?
In the event you possess a UK passport that has been issued to you personally within the previous five years, pictures on a ‘Provisional driving licence’ might be changed readily online. A fresh driving licence will undoubtedly be sent together with the picture that is upgraded. You may have to have to:
Pay the fees that are essential
Supply your residential address for preceding three years
Not be prohibited from driving

By applying online, paper driving licences may be changed to get a new photocard licence. All that’s necessary is to:
Have valid identity evidence or a UK passport
Match with the eyesight demand that is stipulated
Provide your National Insurance number if known
Supply your residential address for preceding three years
In the event that you may not possess a valid passport, you may need certainly to send your photo to the DVLA by post. A form will undoubtedly be sent to you personally, after finishing the on-line application. Fill it in and send it together with the picture to the DVLA.

The licence will be sent to you personally within three weeks, but extra time might be taken if needed to assess medical or private details.
Q. Do you know the driving disqualifications?
-You might be prohibited from driving
-You might be found guilty of any delinquencies that were driving
-A court will decides the time of a prohibition for driving offences, additionally, it is dependent upon the seriousness of the offence. Prohibitions may be:
-Six months for twelve or maybe more penalty points inside an interval of three years
-An additional disqualification may continue twelve months, if another twelve or even more penalty points receive within 3 years
For a disqualification that is third the prohibition could be two years
In case you are disqualified for 56 days or maybe more, you’ll need certainly to make an application to get a fresh licence. It’s also possible to must retake your driving test before a fresh licence is issued to you personally or finish an extended driving test.

For disqualifications 56 days, requiring driving tests or renewal isn’t desired. The court will add your choice to the paper file section of your photocard licence (or the paper driving licence), revealing the amount of prohibition and return it to you personally. You may continue to make use of it when the prohibition is over.
Wrongdoers in the non-high risk classification

A D27 form is going to be sent for you by DVLA, 56 days just before the ending of the disqualification period.

Wrongdoers in the risk group that is High

The DVLA will send you a D2 or D1 form depending in your automobile type, 90 days of the disqualification period before end. Fill in the form send it and received.

You would need certainly to get medical tests having a physician named by the DVLA to show you’re fit to operate a vehicle.
Q. How to concede my driving licence?
You could even decide to avoid driving due or voluntarily . In either scenario, you should tell the DVLA about it.

Automobile or bike licences: The voluntary surrender announcement completed ought to be downloaded, signed and sent to the DVLA along using the licence.

Bus and lorry licences: The VOC99/CERT filled needs to be downloaded, signed and sent to the DVLA along using the licence.
To tell the DVLA in regards to the passing of a motorist, licence and the registration certificate ought to be sent using a letter describing:
-Your relationship with all the motorist
-The man’s name, address and birth date
-Date of the death