Contact the DVLA Drivers’ Medical Enquiries team by calling 08700420450 at 13p/min plus access charge, or use their their own phone number 0300 790 6801.

DVLA Vehicle Tax Telephone Number / Customer Services Number vices – 08700420450

This website is a telephone directory/call routing service and is not in any way affiliated with any of the business entities listed.
Please note that calls to our 08700 numbers cost 13p/minute and our 08717 numbers cost 13p/minute, plus your phone company’s access charge where applicable.Our site also provides alternative numbers that include the official numbers as found in their respective websites and other sources.
All logos and names are trademarks of respective entities and used for reference only(we are an independent site and are in no way affiliated with any business or government entity listed), all images of third party trademarks are sourced from public domain websites such as Wikipedia etc. Our site is a Phone Number directory and offers different contact options that include our own routing numbers as well as the ones offered by entities themselves at respective rates. By use of our site and numbers you agree with our terms and conditions.


The DVLA (Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency) is the sole organisation of the UK government responsible for maintaining a database of drivers and vehicles in the UK(Great Britain). The DVLA offers a range of services through several channels: phone, mail, online.

holds over 47 million driver records and over 39 million vehicle records. They collect around £5.6 billion a year in Vehicle Excise Duty (VED).

DVLA is an executive agency, sponsored by the Department for Transport


You can find the DVLA on their official Youtube Social Profile / Channel:



Address  DVLA,
SA99 1AR,
United Kingdom
 Official Website  http://www.gov.uk/dvla
 Vehicle tax Phone Number 0300 790 6802
 Driver licensing enquiries 0300 790 6801
 Drivers’ medical enquiries 0300 790 6806

Alternative Direct DVLA(Official) Phone Numbers-DVLA Phone Numbers:

(From Abroad/Overseas)
DVLA contact number 0843 116 0011 +44 844 306 9203
Vehicle registration 0300 790 6802 +44 300 790 6802
Vehicle tax 0300 790 6802 +44 300 790 6802
Driver licensing enquiries 0300 790 6801 +44 300 790 6801
Drivers’ medical enquiries 0300 790 6806 +44 300 790 6806
Driver Check Service contact 09061 393 837 +44 9061 393 837
Ymholiadau Cymraeg 0300 790 6819 +44 300 790 6819
Vehicle registration and tax with translation 0906 737 0013 +44 906 737 0013
Theory test enquiry 0300 200 1188 +44 300 200 1188
Booking a theory test 0300 200 1122 +44 300 200 1122
DVSA driving test enquiries and booking 0300 200 1122 +44 300 200 1122
MOT, vehicle testing and approval 0300 123 9000 +44 300 123 9000
Driver CPC 0300 200 1122 +44 300 200 1122

Q. How to apply for a driving licence?
For applying the minimum age is usually 17 for autos and 16 for bikes. You are able to apply three months before beginning to drive. Applications for provisional licences could be done online yet; you should fulfill the following eligibility conditions:
-Eyesight demands and minimal age ought to be met
-You must not be barred from driving
-Must pay the apprpriate fees using alternative Credit or Visa, Master Card or Debit Card
-Own a UK passport or other proof of identity
-Address of dwelling for the last 3 years to be supplied
-Possess a National Insurance Number

The DVLA may review your individual info including the National Insurance Number specified. You’ll about what must be done after finishing the application be instructed if your identity can’t be checked completely.

You’ll receive the licence in two parts – the photocard including classification information on vehicles it is possible to drive as well as the paper instruction manual that covers penalty points and authorisations, disqualification periods and prerogative history. Your photocard licence should be renewed by you one or more times every 10 years.

Paper licences remain valid until damaged or details need changing. These were issued prior to the debut of photocard licences.
Q. How to change the address on my licence?
Address changes in your driving licence can be readily made online. Of course, you will need to fulfil these conditions:
-Possess a valid driving licence (for a photocard licence both sections are needed)
-Should reside in the UK
-Address of preceding dwelling that was three years needed
-Own a UK passport or alternative evidence of identity
-You must not be barred from driving
-National Insurance number, if required
One more way to apply for an address change on your driving licence is by post. For photocard licences, the shifts section on the paper file must be filled in, signed and sent to DVLA.

For completed D1 paper driving licences or D2 application forms, identity certificates that were first driving licence plus a passport size photograph needs to be sent to DVLA. To switch the names shown in your license applications should be produced by post.
Names are easily changed by following the simple processes listed below, on driving licence.

Finished D1 or D2 forms (whichever is applicable) along with first identity documents to verify your name, your driving licence as well as a passport photo ought to be sent to the DVLA. For lost, stolen or destroyed old licences, the proclamation must be made on the form.

The brand new licence together with the alterations will likely be sent within 3 weeks.
Q. How to rekindle my driving licence?
Driving licences should be renewed at least once. You should possess a UK passport which can be issued within previous 5 years and valid. In addition, you should:
Supply your residential address for the past three years
Provide your National Insurance number
You may get your renewed driving licence within two weeks.

Q. Is it possible to add higher categories to my licence?
Yes. You will require to make an application to get a ‘provisional entitlement’ to start with. You are able to schedule the evaluation required to add higher groupings to your driving licence after this continues to be received. Passing higher class tests might also entitle you to lesser classes automatically.
It’s possible for you to apply online for replacing your lost, stolen or damaged driving licence. Your licence number, identity evidence, address details will soon be required. A fee of the apprpriate fees is also payable. A valid passport from UK issued in past five years is important, if the photo should really be revived.
Q. What can I do to change my photograph on the driving licence?
Should you possess a UK passport which was issued to you within the past five years, pictures on a ‘Provisional driving licence’ can be altered readily online. A new driving licence will likely be sent to you together with the updated picture. You’ll be needing to:
-Be a UK citizen
-Pay the required fees
-Supply your residential address for previous three years
-Not be prohibited from driving

By applying online paper driving licences could be exchanged to get a new photocard licence. All you will need is to:
-Possess the paper driving licence
-Possess valid identity proof or a UK passport
-Fulfill the eyesight demand that is stipulated
-If known, provide your National Insurance number
-Supply your residential address for preceding three years
In the event you do not have a passport that is valid, you will need to send your photo by post. A form will probably be sent to you after finishing the internet application. Fill it in and send it with all the picture to the DVLA.

The licence will be sent to you within three weeks, but extra time could be taken if required to check personal or medical details.
Q. Do you know the driving disqualifications?
You might be banned from driving if:
-You’re found guilty of any driving delinquencies
-You are given 12 or more penalty points within three years
The period of a prohibition for driving offences will be decided with a court, additionally, it depends upon the harshness of the offence. Bans may be:
-Six months for twelve or even more penalty points inside a period of three years
-An additional disqualification may last twelve months, if another twelve or even more penalty points receive within three years
-For a third disqualification the prohibition could be two years
If you’re disqualified for 56 days or even more you’ll need certainly to make an application to get a brand new licence. Complete an extended driving test before a new licence is issued to you personally or it’s also possible to must retake your driving test.

For disqualifications lower than 56 days, requiring driving tests or renewal of your licence isn’t needed. The court will add your decision to the paper document section of your photocard licence (or the paper driving licence), demonstrating the period of prohibition and return it to you. You may continue to make use of it when the prohibition is over.
The application procedure depends on the severity of your offence, i.e. whether you’re in the category of a high risk offender or not.

Offenders in the non-high risk classification

A D27 form will likely be sent for you by DVLA, 56 days just before the ending of the disqualification period.

Offenders in the risk group that is High

The DVLA will send a D2 or D1 form to you depending in your automobile type, 90 days of the disqualification period before end. Fill in the form received and send it to the DVLA.

You will have to get medical tests having a doctor made by the DVLA to show you’re fit to drive.
Q. How to concede my driving licence?
You may even decide to stop driving willingly or due . In either scenario, you have to inform the DVLA about it.

Automobile or motorcycle licences: The voluntary surrender statement needs to be downloaded, completed, signed and sent to the DVLA along with all the licence.

Bus and lorry licences: The VOC99/CERT signed, filled, needs to be downloaded and sent to the DVLA along using the licence.
Licence and the registration certificate ought to be sent to the DVLA with a letter explaining to tell the DVLA in regards to the departure of a driver:
-Your relationship with all the driver
-The person’s name, address and birth date
-Date of their passing