Contact the DVLA Drivers’ Medical Enquiries team by calling 08717890524 at 13p/min plus access charge, or use their their own phone number 0300 790 6801.

DVLA Telephone Number / Customer Services Number 08717890524

This website is a telephone directory/call routing service and is not in any way affiliated with any of the business entities listed.
Please note that calls to our 08700 numbers cost 13p/minute and our 08717 numbers cost 13p/minute, plus your phone company’s access charge where applicable.Our site also provides alternative numbers that include the official numbers as found in their respective websites and other sources.
All logos and names are trademarks of respective entities and used for reference only(we are an independent site and are in no way affiliated with any business or government entity listed), all images of third party trademarks are sourced from public domain websites such as Wikipedia etc. Our site is a Phone Number directory and offers different contact options that include our own routing numbers as well as the ones offered by entities themselves at respective rates. By use of our site and numbers you agree with our terms and conditions.


The DVLA (Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency) is the sole organisation of the UK government responsible for maintaining a database of drivers and vehicles in the UK(Great Britain). The DVLA offers a range of services through several channels: phone, mail, online.

holds over 47 million driver records and over 39 million vehicle records. They collect around £5.6 billion a year in Vehicle Excise Duty (VED).

DVLA is an executive agency, sponsored by the Department for Transport


You can find the DVLA on their official Youtube Social Profile / Channel:



Address  DVLA,
SA99 1AR,
United Kingdom
 Official Website  http://www.gov.uk/dvla
 Vehicle tax Phone Number 0300 790 6802
 Driver licensing enquiries 0300 790 6801
 Drivers’ medical enquiries 0300 790 6806

Alternative Direct DVLA(Official) Phone Numbers-DVLA Phone Numbers:

(From Abroad/Overseas)
DVLA contact number 0843 116 0011 +44 844 306 9203
Vehicle registration 0300 790 6802 +44 300 790 6802
Vehicle tax 0300 790 6802 +44 300 790 6802
Driver licensing enquiries 0300 790 6801 +44 300 790 6801
Drivers’ medical enquiries 0300 790 6806 +44 300 790 6806
Driver Check Service contact 09061 393 837 +44 9061 393 837
Ymholiadau Cymraeg 0300 790 6819 +44 300 790 6819
Vehicle registration and tax with translation 0906 737 0013 +44 906 737 0013
Theory test enquiry 0300 200 1188 +44 300 200 1188
Booking a theory test 0300 200 1122 +44 300 200 1122
DVSA driving test enquiries and booking 0300 200 1122 +44 300 200 1122
MOT, vehicle testing and approval 0300 123 9000 +44 300 123 9000
Driver CPC 0300 200 1122 +44 300 200 1122

Q. How to apply for a driving licence?
The minimum age for applying is generally 16 for motorcycles and 17 for cars. You’ll be able to apply three months before beginning to drive. Applications for provisional licences may be done online nevertheless; you need to satisfy the following eligibility conditions:
-Minimum age and eyesight demands must be met
-You mustn’t be barred from driving
-Must pay the apprpriate fees using alternative Credit or Visa, Master Card or Debit Card
-Possess a UK passport or alternative proof of identity
-Address of dwelling for the prior 3 years to be provided
-Possess a National Insurance Number
Instead, complete a D1 application form, enclose original identity documents and a postal order or cheque for the apprpriate fees (application fees) and send it to the DVLA.

Your personal info may be reviewed by the DVLA including the National Insurance Number specified. You’ll about what should be performed after finishing the application form be instructed in case your identity can’t be verified fully.

You may get the licence in two parts – the photocard including classification details of vehicles you are able to drive and also the paper instruction manual that covers authorisations, disqualification periods and prerogative history and penalty points. Your photocard licence should be renewed by you at least once every 10 years.

Paper licences remain valid until damaged or details need changing. These were issued before the debut of photocard licences.
Address changes on your own driving licence can be easily made online. Naturally, you must fulfil the following conditions:
-Possess a valid driving licence (for a photocard licence both sections are needed)
-Should reside in the UK
-Address of preceding residence that was three years needed
-Own a UK passport or other proof of identity
-You must not be barred from driving
-National Insurance number, if needed
Another approach to make an application for an address change on your driving licence is by post. For photocard licences, signed the changes section on the paper file must be filled in and sent to DVLA.

For finished D1, paper driving licences or D2 application forms, identity certificates that were first driving licence plus a passport size photo ought to be sent to DVLA. To change the names shown in your license applications should be manufactured by post.
Q. How to change the name on my driving licence?
By following the simple procedures down the page on driving licence names are easily changed.

For Photocard Licence Fill in the correct form (Form D1 for motorbikes or cars and Form D2 for buses or lorries) and send it to the DVLA along with original records verifying your name, and your photocard driving licence (both parts).

Completed D1 or D2 forms (whichever is applicable) along with initial identity documents to ensure your name, your driving licence as well as a passport photograph should be sent to the DVLA. For lost, stolen or wrecked old licences, the announcement should be produced on the form.

The brand new licence with the alterations will be sent to you within 3 weeks.
Q. How to renew my driving licence?
Driving licences should be renewed at least once. You need to possess a UK passport which can be issued within past 5 years and valid. In addition, you should:
-Supply your residential address for the last three years
-Not be prohibited from driving
-You will get your renewed driving licence within two weeks.

Q. Is it possible to add higher categories to my licence?
Yes. You’ll need to apply to get a provisional entitlement’ that is ‘ to begin with. It is possible to schedule the evaluation required to add classifications that are higher to your own driving licence after this has been received. Passing higher group tests might also entitle you to lower groups automatically.
You can apply online for replacing your driving licence that is lost, stolen or damaged. Your licence number, identity evidence, address details will be required. A fee of the apprpriate fees is also payable. A valid passport from UK issued in previous five years is essential, if the picture should be revived.
Q. What should I do to change my photo on the driving licence?
Should you possess a UK passport which was issued to you personally within the last five years photographs on a ‘Provisional driving licence’ can be changed readily online. A fresh driving licence will probably be sent to you together with the updated picture. You will need to:
-Pay the fees that are necessary
-Supply your residential address for previous three years
-Not be forbidden from driving

Paper driving licences may be exchanged to get a new photocard licence by applying online. All you require is to:
-Possess the paper driving licence
-Have valid identity proof or a UK passport
-Reside in Great Britain
-Meet with the stipulated eyesight requirement
-Pay the fees
-Provide your National Insurance number if known
-Supply your residential address for previous three years
In the event you do not have a valid passport, you may need to send your photo by post. A form will probably be sent to you after finishing the internet application. Fill it in and send it with all the picture to the DVLA.

Ideally, the licence will be sent within three weeks to you, but extra time might be taken if needed, to check personal or medical details.
Q. Which are the driving disqualifications?
You might be banned from driving if:
You’re found guilty of any delinquencies that were driving
Q. How long can I be disqualified from driving?
A court will decides the period of a ban for driving offences, additionally, it is dependent upon the intensity of the offence. Prohibitions may be:
Six months for twelve or even more penalty points inside an interval of three years
If another twelve or even more penalty points are given within three years, an additional disqualification may last twelve months
For a disqualification that is third the ban may be two years
You’ll need certainly to make an application for a new licence if you’re disqualified for 56 days or more. Complete an extended driving test before a fresh licence is issued to you personally or you may also need to retake your driving test.

For disqualifications 56 days, taking driving tests or renewal of your licence isn’t wanted. The court will add the decision to the paper file section of your photocard licence (or the paper driving licence), revealing the period of ban and return it to you. You may continue to utilize it, once the prohibition is over.
Q. How to reapply for a driving licence following a disqualification?
The application process rides on the seriousness of your offence, i.e. whether you’re in the class of a high risk offender or not.

Offenders in the non-high risk category

A D27 form will likely be sent for you by DVLA, 56 days before the ending of the disqualification period. Finish it and send it to the DVLA along with a passport photograph.

Wrongdoers in the risk class that is High

The DVLA will send you a D1 or D2 form depending on your vehicle type, 90 days prior to end. Fill in the form received and send it to the DVLA.

You will have to undergo medical checks with a physician appointed by the DVLA to show you’re fit to drive.

Q. How to surrender my driving licence?
You might even decide to prevent driving willingly or due . In either scenario, you must inform the DVLA about it.

Automobile or motorcycle licences: The voluntary surrender declaration completed, should be downloaded, signed and sent to the DVLA along using the licence.

Bus and lorry licences: The VOC99/CERT filled needs to be downloaded, signed and sent to the DVLA along with the licence.
To notify the DVLA concerning the departure of a driver, licence and the registration certificate should really be sent with a letter describing to the DVLA:
-Your relation with the motorist
-The man’s name, birth date and address
-Date of the passing